Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Tohatsu 3.5 hp
The 2.5hp 4-stroke is portable and powerful. Plus, with features such as the throttle grip on the steering handle, forward neutral shift and the 360 degree pivot steering, maneuvering out on the water has never been easier. In addition, the convenient carrying handle adds to the engine’s portability. With these features, it’s no wonder Tohatsu engines are ahead of the competition when it comes to this class.
The 2.5 hp Tohatsu 4-stroke is the perfect outboard for a small canoe, dingy, or sailboat. This compact outboard has the largest displacement block in its class, giving you the utmost power in a small package.
The 3.5 hp 4-stroke is the perfect outboard for a variety of small boats. This dynamic little powerhouse may be petite in size, but has all of the benefits you need in an outboard.
The 3.5 hp is lightweight and has a four point vibration absorption system to minimize vibration. And with sensational fuel economy, this compact little 3.5hp engine has it all… making it one of the best choices available for portable outboard power.
- Water cooled and thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Digital CD ignition system for easier starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Forward-neutral shifting with 360° steering
- Easy to check oil level gauge indicator located on the engine's side
- Light and compact
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- Convenient carrying handle
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Offset Engine: This Tohatsu patented powerhead design is tilted 15 degrees to the right inside the lower motor cover to create a compact top cowling design and also help with portability.
- 360° Full Pivot Steering: The outboard can be turned to any direction, up to 360 degrees, for simple steering that is needed for small boats.
- Throttle Grip: The twist type throttle control is provided on the steering handle for quick steering as well as one-handed operation to assure your safety.
- Oil Level Sight-Gauge: Conveniently located on the side of the motor, the oil level sight- gauge makes it easy to check the oil level without having to remove the cowling.
- Four Point Vibration Absorb System: The specifically designed motor mounting system efficiently absorbs vibration at all rpm ranges.
- Model: MFS3.5BS
- Shaft Length: 15
- Cylinders: 1
- Tiller Handle: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 1
- Output: 3.5 hp (2.6 kW)
- Displacement: 85.5 cc (5.2 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 55 x 36 mm (2.17 x 1.42 in)
- Starting: Manual
- Control Type: Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral
- Gear Ratio: 2.15:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 4.5 in. - 7 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 10 fl. oz. (300 mL)
- Fuel Tank: 0.26 US gal. (1 L) Integral Tank
- Weight*: 41 lb. (18.4 kg)
- Alternator Output: N/A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,000 - 6,000
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Engine Type
- 1 Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.17 x 1.42 in. (55 x 36 mm)
- 85.5 cc (5.2 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 15 in.
- 41 lb. (18.4 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 3.5 hp (2.6 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000 - 6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.15:1 / Forward - Neutral
- Tiller Handle